Full Course Load Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jy87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there everyone...

I have a few quick questions:

1) Do dental schools (in general) require that an applicant have a full-course load? i.e. the equivalent to 5 full-year courses per year?

2) As a Canadian applicant, would I be at any disadvantage (as compared w/ an American candidate) if I am applying to a private dental school in the U.S.?

3) Lastly...this isn't so much a question, but I just need this to be confirmed...are GPA averages for successful applicants really as low as I keep seeing them listed as???? I'm only so surprised b/c in Canada avg. GPA's for successful applicants are 3.8+

THANKS!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

1- It helps your app to take a serious load of classes. They want to use your undergrad schedule and grades as a predictor of how you will do in D-School. I am not sure about specifically 5 full year courses, but it sounds like you have the idea.

2- If you are good enough you will get into these schools. Most aren't even state-related and want to fill the class with quality students.

3-you are right

3.8+ average :eek: ? that's basically straight A's and A-'s or a 93% at most schools.

Thanks For The Replies!!!