Fun stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cunikki

SCCO 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey; just a quick question for those of you already in schools... what kind of fun stuff does your school offer?? i remember reading about some stuff... eye-Balls... ski trips... frats...
what cool stuff stands out for you?? :)

Members don't see this ad.

We have a bonfire, golf tournaments, the Eye Ball, tailgates for each class (1-3 years, and a homecoming tailgate), welcome picnic for 1st years, scavenger hunts, corporate sponsored dinners, etc. Always something to do here. Its a blast.

file014 said:
We have a bonfire, golf tournaments, the Eye Ball, tailgates for each class (1-3 years, and a homecoming tailgate), welcome picnic for 1st years, scavenger hunts, corporate sponsored dinners, etc. Always something to do here. Its a blast.

Which school are you talking about? Anybody know about Nova and any of their fun things?

Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana

I assume at Nova you go to the beach, which would be fine with me. I actually want to move to FL after graduation.

We are close to Indy too, so I head up there for events too.

What do PCO students do for fun?

Sweeeet, I thought only berk. had the eye ball

hoosier1 said:
Sweeeet, I thought only berk. had the eye ball

PCO has an Eye Ball too. There's also a big party thrown for third years when they leave for rotations (we start rotations second semester of third year = 1.5 years of rotations). There are some other events, classes make t-shirts, there are intramurals, etc... I know my class spends a lot of time together outside of class- especially celebrating after tests :)

ODtobe said:
PCO has an Eye Ball too. There's also a big party thrown for third years when they leave for rotations (we start rotations second semester of third year = 1.5 years of rotations). There are some other events, classes make t-shirts, there are intramurals, etc... I know my class spends a lot of time together outside of class- especially celebrating after tests :)

Nice. PCO's starting to sound fun already :hardy:

ICO also has an EyeBall every year. We have "Blind Spots" a few times a year before and after speakers or other events. They are little parties with food and drink. We have the ICO Olympics where the classes compete against each other. There's Boo Bash (a Haloween Party). House Parties, these are kinda like Frat parties. A bunch of ICO guys live a very large apartment (PentHouse kinda) and they have parties a few times a year. Those living in the RC do things quite often. They will go to Sox's games, plays, movies... There is fun stuff happing pretty often.

UHCO has their spring awards banquet. (but it's not called Eye Ball) :p

There are trips to the beach, class shirts, intramural sports against the undergrads on campus, post-test block bashes, a HUGE Halloween party, this Friday we had a chili cookoff. The first week of class we have a weenie welcome on the back deck with kegs and hotdogs. School is what you put into it. Some people go to everything.. and some go to nothing.

What about SCCO? What kind of fun stuff are there at SCCO? Does anyone know?

h6ppygirl said:
What about SCCO? What kind of fun stuff are there at SCCO? Does anyone know?

At the risk of sounding redundant, we also have an Eye Ball. There are two fraternities on campus, one is more service oriented but both of them have multiple social events all year long.

For instance, Omega Delta is on a ski trip right now for spring break. There's also a Monte Carlo nite planned for the end of March, where people get together for a night of fun filled gambling. The frats cosponsor a Halloween party, and the Phis do happy hours throughout the quarter.

Our student association board also has a department for extracurricular activities that plans the various sports tournaments during the year. There's volleyball, basketball, softball, bowling, and ping pong tournaments spaced throughout the school year. There's also a talent show, and an event called dessert warfare where people compete to make the best dessert.

Each class also has an end of the year banquet.

That's a pretty fair assessment of some of the school sponsored events that students can enjoy during the year, but once you get to know your classmates, you can also go to the clubs in LA and Newport, etc.

I think everyone that reads this board (except for that opthalmology girl that thinks we should serve coffee) can agree that we work pretty damn hard, so we should play hard as well*.
party.gif

*I qualify this statement by saying that as the years go by you get a lot busier, so enjoy that first year while you can.