Funding for Columbia Univ. Post Bacc

Started by SaySay1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SaySay1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am aware of loans you can take out for the pb program but are there any grants or scholarships you can apply for?
 
Anyone? I haven't seen any forum discussing this, there isnt any CU PB students who can give advice on this?
 
there are typically zero to none grants or scholarships for post-bacs..... can't comment on Columbia directly but overall they essentially don't exist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are typically zero to none grants or scholarships for post-bacs..... can't comment on Columbia directly but overall they essentially don't exist

+1 I've been looking around off and on for about a year, as I'm applying this fall, and there seems to be very little out there in terms of funding for post-baccs. A lot of post-bacc students are kind of in limbo -- we're past undergrad, not grad students -- and the funding options seem to be reflect that.
 
+1 I've been looking around off and on for about a year, as I'm applying this fall, and there seems to be very little out there in terms of funding for post-baccs. A lot of post-bacc students are kind of in limbo -- we're past undergrad, not grad students -- and the funding options seem to be reflect that.

There are also no subsidized loans available after undergrad. Which means you also have to worry about monstrous interest rates that accumulate during school.
 
The Goucher postbac recently changed to postgrad status due to new Department of Education guidelines. This did open up Grad PLUS loans for us, meaning that we can easily finance the cost of our education through government loans (no more worrying about private loans and variable interest rates). Maybe Columbia followed suit?