Funding the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VirtualMorgan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found any good ways to fund the application process? I did not qualify for the Fee Assistance Program based parents income. However my parents can't afford to help me much due to other financial obligations (I'm also 30.) I haven't found any educational loans that don't require certification from the school I'm doing my post-bac at. I tried that and it didn't work. I've been in school full time and have not worked this past year (living off basic student loans) and as far as I know, can't get a personal loan without a job and/or any assets to lean against. I'm taking my finals this week and taking the MCAT on the 20th and plan to apply around then.... if I can find a way to fund it. I know this is late in the game to look for funding but I thought I had it taken care of. The school only certified about $1000 over my tuition for summer as opposed to the $7000 over tuition that they approved for spring and fall. I was really surprised. Any ideas guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you are just like the rest of us, will have to get a job and pay for it a little at a time. Just reality, sorry.

True. I had to get a second job. You may also have to be selective as to where you apply to.