Fundraising Ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veyep

Got Books?
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I am our class president and we are graduating in 8 months so I don't have much time with everything else, so this very nice multi millionaire guy approached me and gave me $2000 for fundraising g for our class.

What are some ideas with max return for our class?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All

I am our class president and we are graduating in 8 months so I don't have much time with everything else, so this very nice multi millionaire guy approached me and gave me $2000 for fundraising g for our class.

What are some ideas with max return for our class?

Thank you in advance

Ask this same guy for more money?

he's a multi-millionaire and he only gave you 2 k? how cheap he is.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you just got $2000, I think you probably don't need to a whole lot more, although I'm not sure what sort of activities/expenses you guys have. Maybe ask the multimillionaire for more, or ask him how he raises his own funds, because he's clearly good at it.

Well, not to be blinded by the odd anecdote and to actually answer the question: Our school usually does a chicken BBQ and that raises some decent funds, but it's a fair amount of work for set up and operation of it.

Does your school have a dress code? If so, $1 dress down days pretty much guarantees at least $200. Granted you said you're graduating soon and going on rotations, so that brings up another point; are these funds just for your class, or is it a school-wide student govt budget? If it's shared among the classes, your class will get some of the $$ without even having to participate in the dress down.