Funny/Embarrassing/Interesting interview moment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At one of my interviews, there was a woman there and it was her first interview and you could tell she was VERY nervous. During the tour, the guide kept asking her if she was ok, but that of course made the woman more nervous. On top of that I guess she wore some really uncomfortable shoes because you could see her limping and her foot was bleeding. Right before the interview, she broke out in this mad sweat and was pacing the floor. Everyone kept telling her to relax and that she would do fine but it didn't help. When her interviewer came out to get her, she said she couldn't do it and ran to the bathroom. She came out a couple of minutes later interviewed and came out looking even more pale. I talked to her a little bit and she said she just froze up and didn't answer the questions very well and she was super bummed because that was her only interview invite she had received. I felt super bad for her because she seemed really nice and really wanted to be a dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
At one of my interviews, there was a woman there and it was her first interview and you could tell she was VERY nervous. During the tour, the guide kept asking her if she was ok, but that of course made the woman more nervous. On top of that I guess she wore some really uncomfortable shoe because you could see her limping and her foot was bleeding. Right before the interview, she broke out in this mad sweat and was pacing the floor. Everyone kept telling her to relax and that she would do fine but it didn't help. When her interviewer came out to get her, she said she couldn't do it and ran to the bathroom. She came out a couple of minutes later interviewed and came out looking even more pale. I talked to her a little bit and she said she just froze up and didn't answer the questions very well and she was super bummed because that was her only interview invite she had received. I felt super bad for her because she seemed really nice and really wanted to be a dentist.
Good God man. She should have popped a xanax. Or a xanax bar, in her case.

Unfortunately, and somewhat cruelly, I wouldnt want her drilling on me with that anxiety!:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Louisville in October. The first guy that interviewed me talked for 10 minutes all about his son who was a 2nd year. Then asked if I had any questions, so I asked some of the usual questions. Then we were done. The second interview was with a 4th year who couldn't stop talking about my letter of rec from Dr. Gordon Christensen. Then asked if I had any questions about the school, so I asked some more about life as a student and what not. She seemed really impressed with my application. Then I had the exit interview with Dr. Babbage, and she said that the other interviewers were really impressed with me and my application. I have applied a few times, so Dr. B said I must have flown under the radar of other schools and she wasn't going to let the happen, and also said something about my father (also a dentist) is probably ready for me to take over his practice and I said yes its a possibility but that 4 years away and a lot could change. The she said "Well I hope you are reading into what I am telling..." So I am thinking well I better pack my bags for Louisville. Then on Dec 1st denied from Louisville... I have email Dr. B and others at the school asking for some kind of explaination, I have yet to hear back from any of them.

WOW:uhno:

I interviewed at Louisville in October. The first guy that interviewed me talked for 10 minutes all about his son who was a 2nd year. Then asked if I had any questions, so I asked some of the usual questions. Then we were done. The second interview was with a 4th year who couldn't stop talking about my letter of rec from Dr. Gordon Christensen. Then asked if I had any questions about the school, so I asked some more about life as a student and what not. She seemed really impressed with my application. Then I had the exit interview with Dr. Babbage, and she said that the other interviewers were really impressed with me and my application. I have applied a few times, so Dr. B said I must have flown under the radar of other schools and she wasn't going to let the happen, and also said something about my father (also a dentist) is probably ready for me to take over his practice and I said yes its a possibility but that 4 years away and a lot could change. The she said "Well I hope you are reading into what I am telling..." So I am thinking well I better pack my bags for Louisville. Then on Dec 1st denied from Louisville... I have email Dr. B and others at the school asking for some kind of explaination, I have yet to hear back from any of them.
If you don't mind, let us know what they say.