Funny Story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctorkill

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am a fourth year medical student applying to medicine who is on a GI consult elective. We have had a particularly difficult time getting a woman with heme positive stool and borderline iron deficiency anemia an adequate colonoscopy. Twice we were unable to obtain consent because we couldn't get a hold of the person with DPA, once we did scope her but it was an inadequate prep. So we attempted to re-prep her over the last two days, however when I go into her room this morning the go lytely jug had been removed. When I ask the nurse practitioner why she tells me they stopped the prep because the patient had developed watery diarrhea!!:scared: