Future activities on AACOMAS app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Modonnell121

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm going to do a lot of clinical volunteering this summer, but want to apply early without any of this experience taking place yet, is there a way to put this on the AACOMAS app? I read on a preallopathic thread that projected exp. can be put on the AMCAS app, is it the same for AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

"No, you cannot report “planned” experience. Once you have accumulated the experience, however, you can add new experiences to your application, even if you have already submitted it to AACOMAS. Please note you can NOT edit experiences which have already been entered. You may send updated information directly to the schools to which you are applying."

So, no you cannot add it now. Yes, you can add it after you start.

It is as easy as going back into AACOMAS and adding the activity after you start, then sending an updated application during the allowed periods. Many secondary applications may also allow you speak about these activities.

Reactions: 1 users
"No, you cannot report “planned” experience. Once you have accumulated the experience, however, you can add new experiences to your application, even if you have already submitted it to AACOMAS. Please note you can NOT edit experiences which have already been entered. You may send updated information directly to the schools to which you are applying."

So, no you cannot add it now. Yes, you can add it after you start.

It is as easy as going back into AACOMAS and adding the activity after you start, then sending an updated application during the allowed periods. Many secondary applications may also allow you speak about these activities.

Good find. Thanks for the answer.

Reactions: 1 user
If I'm going to do a lot of clinical volunteering this summer, but want to apply early without any of this experience taking place yet, is there a way to put this on the AACOMAS app? I read on a preallopathic thread that projected exp. can be put on the AMCAS app, is it the same for AACOMAS?
Just list as current still and you should be fine and then you don't have to put an end date and therefore it's assumed you are still doing volunteering, etc.