Future applicant needs help!!

Started by EyeCandy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EyeCandy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!!
I am going to be a 1st time applicant this upcoming summer and would like to know when is the best time to apply. Most likely, I will take my DAT in the spring but maybe later depending on how my DAT studying goes. What I am a little confused about is what I have been reading on some of the posts in SDN when people talk about rolling admissions, what are they? Will they harm me if I apply without first taking the DAT? 😕 Any feedback from you guys is welcomed.

~~~EC
 
Rolling admissions means first come first serve. An applicant is considered for admission at the time there file is complete DAT included. Honestly, I didn't even study for the dat except for the PAT. If you have recently taken all the classes you should be fine.

Apply as early as possible - I waited until Sept. and was admitted in the second round and my interviews at other schools were for wait lists because the class was already full.

Its also a good idea to get the rec letters early and get to know your profs. This is what held up my application because my classes were so large I didn't know the profs and my school didn't have a pre-dental advisor.
 
i took my DAT at the end of Nov. and i already got into two schools and have 4 other interviews and one pending (had an interview already)...so yeah take the dat when you are ready...just get a lot of practice!!!