"Future Doctors Share Too Much on Facebook"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The purpose of lowering the MLDA is that it would eliminate drinking as some sort of right of passage, since you can do it at any age. The MLDA didn't reduce the amount of motor vehicle fatalities, it only displaced them to a later age group... the reduction in fatalities that you see in most literature doesn't take into account that most states also mandated other things - including seat belt laws - at the same time. Here is research that is largely ignored: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1000359 (you can read a summary here: http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/532)
I think...we're in agreement. I didn't mean to say anything about the MLDA causing any sort of impact, I was just trying to say that it would be pointless to lower the MLDA since it wouldn't have any effect, so I guess what I am saying is that I agree that they should not have bothered at all with that notion since people will still drink and drive.

I'm just happy people haven't resorted to the lead-infused bathtub gin of the early 1900s when prohibition was in effect:laugh:.

Members don't see this ad.

Neither of those warrant jail time or expulsion. Its really no ones business what you do (as far as the drugs) with your body - why don't you mind your own damn business? And a bunch of college kids drinking? WOW what a TERRIBLE CRIME. Lets punish it some more and see if it really makes a difference. We won't save any lives, hell, we'll probably kill even more of them off with our stupid policies but at least we're taking the moral high ground.

Are you kidding me? We idolize people who care and fight for the rights of EvERy MaN!!!!!--------->

You mean the .4% of the US population serving in some branch of the military?

Committing zero tolerance offenses present at any university doesn't warrant expulsion?

Committing felonies and multiple misdemeanors doesn't warrant jail time?

If you are drinking underage, or doing drugs like smoking pot, you are negatively hurting those around you. If you are posting pictures of it on some profile, you should be in jail. I know too many people killed by underage drinkers who thought it was ok to drive home, and my taxes are too high because the government has to pay police, paramedics and firemen to deal with you ignorant criminals.