Future earning potential?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TyrannosaurusRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've seen a lot on starting salaries for pharmacists, but I haven't seen much on future earning potential. In many professions, if you start out at some wage, by the end of your career, you can be making twice that. Is that the case with pharmacy? Is it common or even possible for an experienced pharmacist to make upwards of $150k? I realize you can move into management, or some position that comes with a higher salary, but what about staff pharmacists? Would a staff pharmacist with 15 years experience make much more money than one with 1 or 2 years?

Members don't see this ad.

We usually all make about the same for the same work, because we are all in demand. By not moving around from company to company, some of those with more years under their belts may end up getting paid less than the new hires. You have to watch that. If you get promoted to a managerial position you may go to a new salary level, I suppose. Sometimes the pay is worth the extra responsibility, sometimes it's not.