Future In Optometry :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Brown Eye Girl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone has any first hand information about the future as optometry as a career. I am really keen about optometry but lately I have had a few comments like " its a dying profession" 🙁 and "there are no jobs out there" or even " there is not any money and especially if you are going to a US school... trying to pay it off is impossible"😡 . Can anyone give me some info or some advice please. I have obviously looked on the internet and such but its hard to get a great understanding about all this. ADIVCE NEEDED🙂

Thanks a lot 🙂
 
Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone has any first hand information about the future as optometry as a career. I am really keen about optometry but lately I have had a few comments like " its a dying profession" 🙁 and "there are no jobs out there" or even " there is not any money and especially if you are going to a US school... trying to pay it off is impossible"😡 . Can anyone give me some info or some advice please. I have obviously looked on the internet and such but its hard to get a great understanding about all this. ADIVCE NEEDED🙂

Thanks a lot 🙂

Go spend some significant time with some practicing optometrists. The profession is definitely what you make it. All professions have problems.