Future MHA graduate looking to go internationally - advice?

Started by deleted905791
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted905791

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

This fall, I will be attending Cornell's Sloan Program as an MHA candidate. I will have graduated from UAB with an undergraduate degree in Healthcare Management - strong emphasis in Economics. Previously, I have completed administrative internships with Johns Hopkins International Medicine Singapore (Summer 2015), and Imperial College London Diabetes Centre in Abu Dhabi, UAE (Summer 2018), as well as a handful of domestic based administrative internships in the Birmingham, Alabama area. I'm actually currently in the process of trying to secure an international based administrative internship for next summer (2020) if at all possible.

I'm looking to discuss with/advice from anyone who may have previously been in my shoes, or someone who works abroad in an administrative capacity. I am a US born citizen, but I also have Canadian citizenship through my father - steadily working towards bettering my french vocabulary and pronunciation.

At the moment, my plan is to graduate and attempt to secure an administrative fellowship with Cleveland Clinic as they have international operations in Abu Dhabi, Toronto, and soon to be London.

Would love the opportunity to connect with anyone who can assist - whether that be here, LinkedIn, or other!

Cheers,
HCM-UG
 
Hi! I am a sophomore UG in Biology. I am also doing a certificate in Health Management. I plan on doing MHA after my UG. For this reason, I would like to get internships that could help me get experience in my MHA track. I saw you have done many administrative internships in healthcare. I would like your advice on how I can go about doing the same for the summer of 2020.
Thanks
Biology - UG