Future NYCOM first years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lslf683

lslf683
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else received an acceptance to NYCOM? and if so are you considering going there? NYCOM is one of my top choices and I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start conversation regarding housing, classes, finances, etc. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. IM me at LSLF683 if you would rather converse that way than over the forum.

Members don't see this ad.

lslf683 said:
Has anyone else received an acceptance to NYCOM? and if so are you considering going there? NYCOM is one of my top choices and I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start conversation regarding housing, classes, finances, etc. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. IM me at LSLF683 if you would rather converse that way than over the forum.
When did you have your interview?.. I had mine in nov 18 and heard from them dec 26... was a great belated xmas give lol..

Peon9985 said:
When did you have your interview?.. I had mine in nov 18 and heard from them dec 26... was a great belated xmas give lol..

Hey, I interviewed 12/8 and heard 12/27. Def a great belated x-mas present. You going to NYCOM or still waiting? thanks for responding.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gonna attend NYCOM.. got my acceptance on the 26th also..

lslf683 said:

Hi to you both. I interviewed 12/15 and got my acceptance in the mail 12/28...it was my 1st so I agree it was a GREAT christmas gift :) Anyway, definately a great school. I am concerned about finding housing though. I know all the students I talked to said its fine, not to worry, but I don't want to have to live far from the school. I guess i'm spoiled living in western NY where a large 2 bedroom is only 500! Anyone else have any thoughts about housing? :luck:

I also got accepted into NYCOM, but lucky for me, I live 10 minutes or so from the school. So no need for me to look for expensive housing. I got an extra room in my house, so if any beautiful girls want to rent it, just holla back.

Is it me, or are they accepting most ppl that applied early. I guess they want that deposit real fast, especially with their whole 8% yearly tuition increase and their 250 ppl class size. I just hope its not some scam. LOL. :eek:

irishlaydi said:
Hi to you both. I interviewed 12/15 and got my acceptance in the mail 12/28...it was my 1st so I agree it was a GREAT christmas gift :) Anyway, definately a great school. I am concerned about finding housing though. I know all the students I talked to said its fine, not to worry, but I don't want to have to live far from the school. I guess i'm spoiled living in western NY where a large 2 bedroom is only 500! Anyone else have any thoughts about housing? :luck:

Hey there, are you going to attend NYCOM or are you still waiting for other schools? I am worried about housing too, which is in part why I posted this. If anyone wants to look into renting a place together that would be great and we should definately talk. I heard that is what a lot of people down there anyways so let me know. Thanks for responding.

lslf683 said:
Hey there, are you going to attend NYCOM or are you still waiting for other schools? I am worried about housing too, which is in part why I posted this. If anyone wants to look into renting a place together that would be great and we should definately talk. I heard that is what a lot of people down there anyways so let me know. Thanks for responding.

HI. Well, not quite sure yet...i'm still holding out for interviews at PCOM and UNECOM. :) Although I really liked NYCOM and actually had to send the initial deposit already to hold my spot. So...don't have a definite answer for you. Good luck with your search now though, I would love to know if you find any good areas, websites, etc... for NYCOM area housing. Thanks :luck:

I interviewed at NYCOM on 30th of November, got my acceptance (my first after being rejected at 32 allopathic school last year) on December 22, and am elated and relieved. NYCOM seems great. I do also have an interview at PCOM, anyone else interviewed there? I am wondering how far it is from Center City. I'm having trouble grasping if it is IN the city or not....

--relieved
p.s. I'm going to be a doctor!
:love:

Sargetalon said:
Hello everyone...I just got into NYCOM myself and am very excited. I look forward to meeting all of you. About PCOM, it's on the boulevard maybe 5 miles outside of center city if you take 76. It is in the city though. Good luck.

Hey everyone, thanks for responding to this posting. If anyone comes up with housing leads or has questions about the upcoming fall semester/four years of school ahead of us lets keep in touch to help each other out. Thanks again. P.S. if anyone wants to post screen names to IM each other instead of posting on here that would be a quicker way to talk...just an idea.

My SN is Peon9985 see ya guys in the fall...

lslf683 said:
Hey everyone, thanks for responding to this posting. If anyone comes up with housing leads or has questions about the upcoming fall semester/four years of school ahead of us lets keep in touch to help each other out. Thanks again. P.S. if anyone wants to post screen names to IM each other instead of posting on here that would be a quicker way to talk...just an idea.

They will send you soon your a password to get to the school webboard, and 'Housing' will be one of the links. As the school year will be coming to the end you should see ads there, and also look at craiglist.org

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I had a great interview at NYCOM on Jan 13th...How long until you guys heard back from them? Was it around 3 wks like they said? Thanks :thumbup:

drjazz said:
Hey guys, I had a great interview at NYCOM on Jan 13th...How long until you guys heard back from them? Was it around 3 wks like they said? Thanks :thumbup:

I interviewed on Dec. 7, and even with the holidays, I knew by Dec. 24th. It is hard to wait, but they really are pretty fast. Good luck!

I'm happy to add myself to the list. I interviewed on Dec 7th too.

NYCOM Class of 2009.

drjazz said:

count me in~

i interviewed on 1/18 and found out 1/26 by phone, then got my letter 1/28. i'm sure you'll hear from them soon :)

dr.aldehyde said:
count me in~

i interviewed on 1/18 and found out 1/26 by phone, then got my letter 1/28. i'm sure you'll hear from them soon :)

Hey, did you call them to find that out? Or did they call you? Just curious :thumbup:

hey, i actually called them to make sure my lor's were there (they weren't in my file at the time of the interview), and they basically told me that they must be b/c i got accepted, which a sweet surprise... as far as i know i don't think nycom calls the students about acceptances, i think the letter just comes by snail mail. gluck! :thumbup:

drjazz said:
Hey, did you call them to find that out? Or did they call you? Just curious :thumbup:

dr.aldehyde said:
hey, i actually called them to make sure my lor's were there (they weren't in my file at the time of the interview), and they basically told me that they must be b/c i got accepted, which a sweet surprise... as far as i know i don't think nycom calls the students about acceptances, i think the letter just comes by snail mail. gluck! :thumbup:

HEY! GUESS WHAT?? I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TODAY! So EXCITED! :thumbup:

drjazz said:
HEY! GUESS WHAT?? I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TODAY! So EXCITED! :thumbup:

hey congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: hope to see ya there in the fall! :cool:

For all of those in NYC, can we get an official meetup. It would be nice to meet all of you and have a few rounds before our 24/7 non stop studying lives begin. :eek:

I'm in woooohooo!!! Got my acceptance today (interviewed 1/18).

Hi guys, congratulations! :thumbup: I received my acceptance on Feb 2nd also. See you guys this fall. :)

I had an interview with NYCOM about a month ago and called to see if my file was complete. The person I spoke to said she couldn't find my file and to call back tomorrow. Is that a bad thing? Also how long does it usually take to find out if you're accepted or not to NYCOM.

Juniperbee said:
I had an interview with NYCOM about a month ago and called to see if my file was complete. The person I spoke to said she couldn't find my file and to call back tomorrow. Is that a bad thing? Also how long does it usually take to find out if you're accepted or not to NYCOM.
Hey. It took me 3 weeks and I found out through US Mail.

Call back again and ask... just be genuinely persistent.

Gluck.