future of optometry

Started by valt33
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

valt33

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey you guys! Like pretty much everyone I know, I am struggling with picking a health care profession to enter. I hear a lot about the battle between optometrists/opticians and optometrists/MD. Does anyone think there will be any way to rid the workforce of Optometrists? Or are they goin down the same road as Pharmacists are by ending up in retail? Any input would be great. I know that no one has the definite answer as we cannot predict the future, I am just interested in your opinions.
 
Do a search of this on the O.D. forums of SDN. You'll find many threads pertaining to this topic. Check out some of my previous posts in the O.D. forums for my opinion (and others on these threads).