Future of Pediatrics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDoc86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was going into a surgical high paying specialty but then I realized that I didn't really like surgery and was going into it for the wrong reasons which brings me here, I am strongly considering in applying for Pediatrics: Great Grades, Good Board Scores, and absolutely love the kids! of those in Practice, Residency, etc, what is the future of Pediatrics?
 
That's sort of a broad question to answer, so could you be more specific? There are so many facets of peds it's hard to make a blanket statement that would cover it all. Are you asking about salaries, subspecialty areas, research...?
 
I know I realized i wasn't specific. Could could comment on all the above !

I don't think anyone here can tell you what's going to happen to medical reimbursements and GME funding with the debt compromise/default in 8 days, let alone what's going to happen in terms of technology, reimbursement rates, and subspecialties over the next several decades.
 
Last edited: