future ot at a crossroads between 2 programs (Tufts and Stockton)...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lizziehope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was accepted to 3 OT programs and am trying to decide whether to attend Stockton (in NJ) or Tufts this coming fall...

I am very torn between the two programs. Tufts seems wonderful... wonderful curriculum, alot of room for flexibility, good focus on clinical and research, great location, around 50 students in program...
Stockton seems good too... it is smaller and only has about 21 students... it seems that I wouldn't have as many resources and course flexibility and the curriculum doesn't interest me as much. The faculty there who I have been in touch with, however, seems great and very caring, and I'd save several thousands of dollars by going to a NJ state school...

I was wondering if any of you have any insights on either or both of these OT programs. I have made deposits at both and am going to visit Stockton for a week and sit in on classes (I did this at Tufts and was impressed)...
Thanks for your help!

Liz =)

Members don't see this ad.

Stockton is a relatively new OT program and in the middle of nowhere. Do not know much about Tufts, but sounds like you are leaning toward them anyway. Whatever you do don't go for price, go there you are most happy.

after all that... i made my decision- to go to Kean. This was not one of my original choices, but it is my top choice and where I did my undergrad. I was ready to decide to go to Tufts but they called me last week and offered me admissions (after being on the wait list). I will do my OT degree there and am excited!!!

after all that... i made my decision- to go to Kean. This was not one of my original choices, but it is my top choice and where I did my undergrad. I was ready to decide to go to Tufts but they called me last week and offered me admissions (after being on the wait list). I will do my OT degree there and am excited!!!

Hi I'm not sure if you heard of this but Kean could still lose their accreditation which I believe would mean that you can't graduate or take the NBCOT (I could be wrong but I would double check if I were you).

http://aftnj.org/topics/news/higher-education/2012/problems-at-kean-continue-accreditation-at-risk/