future pre-reqs in essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Livineasi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be finishing my pre-reqs in the next two semesters. OChem 2 in the summer and Physics (both semesters) in the Fall. Should I mention this in my personal essay or is it enough that they will see it listed in the "future coursework" in my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You must be really stressing this process. Don't waste any space in your PS to explain your future coursework. Listing it in the application is more than enough. Even without doing that, schools will still accept you and tell you what prereqs you need to finish to matriculate.

Unless these classes relate to your "desire to pursue a dental education and how a dental degree contributes to your personal and professional goals," I can not imagine why you would.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but my friend was told by Temple Dental that they won't look at his application until he's done with all pre-reqs.

I could be wrong, but my friend was told by Temple Dental that they won't look at his application until he's done with all pre-reqs.
There could be some specifics to his situation that caused them to require that. I can personally say that several schools accepted me w/o all prereqs complete.