Future Touro students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheechchong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi just wanted to say if you have any questions about Touro, feel free to ask. And just wanted to share a video of some of the faculty at our school having some fun. It was shown at our end of the year banquet. Beware these are the professors that will be teaching you :p They got some moves. Enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoEeae2DmWc

Members don't see this ad.

I was interested in knowing how your scheduling differs from a traditional 4 year pharmacy program; How does the 2+2 change things around in terms of day schedule, summer schedule, holidays, etc. If there is any noticeable difference, what is it? Do you feel this is better? Or is it just the school marketing a nominal difference? Thanks.

I'm not sure how our school differs schedule wise compared to other schools since I don't attend the other schools. But I'm pretty sure our schedule is pretty jam packed compared to other schools because we have to cram in the same amount of information in a shorter time period. We have 4 different tracks which focus on biologicals, pharmaceuticals, clinical, and social and behaviorial and admin stuff. Our days are very long running from 9 to 4 Monday thru Thur with Fri being a half day and Wed being a day we usually do IPPE. We have a lot of Jewish holidays that are celebrated in the fall so we get a lot of days off during those times which also means less time for you to have classes and more information crammed in the remaining days. I feel I learn the same amount of materials other students learn in other schools for the didactic part and i'm looking forward to going on my rotations this year so we'll see how much experience I get from that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank for the info!Good luck on your rotations. :thumbup:

I'm about to start my P3 year at Touro and am really looking forward to having 2 years of rotations instead of one. It was difficult the first 2 years with all the information we had to learn, but I think having the extra practical experience will be worth it.

I'm going to be a P2 soon. Our program is very intense, but you will get used to it and you'll have plenty of time to party after block exams. Go Touro!