MD & DO deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefull!!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Again, no bets until an official MCAT score gets posted. I'm not sure if your hours are super-low. Your sGPA though is low, and I would definitely focus on doing well on your biomed science courses from this point on.

Reactions: 1 user
Again, no bets until an official MCAT score gets posted. I'm not sure if your hours are super-low. Your sGPA though is low, and I would definitely focus on doing well on your biomed science courses from this point on.
do you think applying in the 2021 cycle is attainable?

Members don't see this ad :)
DOs match incredibly well to EM and no problem with OB/GYN. It’s mostly the surgical specialties, dermatology, and ophthalmology that are hard to match as a DO(but not impossible). Sure your “high ranked” programs in every specialty might throw aside DOs, but there’s a ton of programs out there that take DOs. Don’t be afraid of going the DO route.

With your really low sGPA you should probably plan to apply after you graduate. That plan will provide two full years to prove to ADCOMS you are up to the rigors of med school. You haven’t proven that to anyone yet. Try to get all As from now on. Don’t worry about the MCAT until you figure out why you are doing so poorly in your science classes. It’s hard to tell about your ECs. Was the PCA a paying job? Your work with residents of a nursing home is fine. I have no idea what the sexual health club does but it sounds like a campus club. Get off campus , out of your comfort zone and find people unlike yourself! Good luck!

DOs match incredibly well to EM and no problem with OB/GYN. It’s mostly the surgical specialties, dermatology, and ophthalmology that are hard to match as a DO(but not impossible). Sure your “high ranked” programs in every specialty might throw aside DOs, but there’s a ton of programs out there that take DOs. Don’t be afraid of going the DO route.

Okay! Thank you so much for clarifying, really helps.

With your really low sGPA you should probably plan to apply after you graduate. That plan will provide two full years to prove to ADCOMS you are up to the rigors of med school. You haven’t proven that to anyone yet. Try to get all As from now on. Don’t worry about the MCAT until you figure out why you are doing so poorly in your science classes. It’s hard to tell about your ECs. Was the PCA a paying job? Your work with residents of a nursing home is fine. I have no idea what the sexual health club does but it sounds like a campus club. Get off campus , out of your comfort zone and find people unlike yourself! Good luck!

Yes, PCA is a paying job with people that have down syndrome, cerebral palsy, paraplegia etc. The sexual health awareness club is a campus club but partners a lot with Planned Parenthood.