G Rated thread -- what are you going to do/give yourself when you match ??

Started by missbonnie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

missbonnie

floating
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought we could use a more uplifting thread after reading some crazy/immature threads (albeit mostly on the rogue google group).

So what are people doing to celebrate match (fingers crossed!) ?? I'll start:

Treating myself to a very long vacation in Europe (> 1 month).

I wish I could also afford a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and dinner at Per Se.
 
If we're talking immediately after learning the news, I imagine most people will share similar plans.

Run around the auditorium screaming in joy 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd congratulate everybody else first...🙂

Then I'll take some time off after graduation and work on my photography skills! This may or may not include a vacation to some exotic locale for incredible scenery shots.
 
I have dinner plans at a >$100 per plate restaurant with my sig other, which will be canceled if that Monday's email holds the dreaded words:

We are sorry, you did not match to any position!

or

Congratulations, you have matched to a one-year position!

(BTW I love that they use an exclamation point for both of those phrases, neither of which deserves one in my opinion.)
 
Thought we could use a more uplifting thread after reading some crazy/immature threads (albeit mostly on the rogue google group).

So what are people doing to celebrate match (fingers crossed!) ?? I'll start:

Treating myself to a very long vacation in Europe (> 1 month).

I wish I could also afford a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and dinner at Per Se.

Yeah I was suposed to go to europe on one of those student tours when I graduated but none of my homies could afford it. So just did the drunkin boating thing at lake havasu. Yeah the cristian louboutin's are hot.
 
So fun missbonnie, wish I could travel through Europe! All my money is GONE!

uhhh yah, it must've been expensive going on 40 interviews, pemphigirl.... 😛

as for me, i'm gonna buy me an expensive purse. lv vs gucci, undecided. but well deserved.
 
uhhh yah, it must've been expensive going on 40 interviews, pemphigirl.... 😛

as for me, i'm gonna buy me an expensive purse. lv vs gucci, undecided. but well deserved.

Dude all along I thought you were a guy, been calling you dog, homie, bro. But hey you still might be a dude talking about getting one of those man purses (side bag) the LV one in textured black or brown checker board is pretty cool. I also told myself when I matched and graduated I'd get a nice watch cartier tank or pasha but just haven't been able to save that kind of money yet so my casio got to do for now.
 
I have an "orange" pierre cardin tote bag (actually the small carry on piece of luggage, that has proved useful during book carrying times and travel). Yeah, I am a "dude"... My classmates love to give me crap about it, lol. My Anes buddy thinks it looks like something I would have won on a '70's game show! 🙂

True story: When I was going to UCSD someone "random" asked if I was from Texas, because I had orange luggage. Is there something about Texas and orange luggage I am unaware of?
 
If I match next year.....after finding the pieces of my body that were strewn aside following my explosion of joy

I am going to marry my girlfriend!!!!!😀

Which I would do anyways, but I would propose on the spot in front of everyone.....

:laugh:
 
N-Surge. The school color for UT Austin Undergrad is burnt orange. That is probably why they were guessing that you were from Texas.
 
Dude all along I thought you were a guy, been calling you dog, homie, bro. But hey you still might be a dude talking about getting one of those man purses (side bag) the LV one in textured black or brown checker board is pretty cool. I also told myself when I matched and graduated I'd get a nice watch cartier tank or pasha but just haven't been able to save that kind of money yet so my casio got to do for now.

i'm female...i know, i was wondering why you were calling me that... i thought maybe thats how u talk to girls...:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad