GA drug schedule vs Federal question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gearhalk

Reaction score
I'm working towards reciprocity in Georgia and reading all the law material to prepare for MPJE. Controlled drugs are a major topic on all law exams, and I was fortunate enough to have my pharmacy school law professor provide a "must know schedule" of our state scheduled drugs that differ from Federal scheduling. For example, Soma is a schedule IV federally, but Louisiana treats it as a CIII drug.

Is anyone in GA willing to share some top scheduled drugs or drugs with mg limits within schedules, specific to the state that may differ from federal controlled schedule? Of course in the law documents there are hundreds of drugs, derivatives, etc. listed. I would be more than happy to share all my study outlines for GA MPJE once I pass (hopefully March 19th!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m in the process of reciprocating my license as well! Just started studying! Good luck on your exam! Please let me know any study materials you found helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m in the process of reciprocating my license as well! Just started studying! Good luck on your exam! Please let me know any study materials you found helpful!
I've done some research on past forums and other sites to see what programs are best for MPJE. I lucked out having our law professor create material for those of us getting licensed in our primary state! So I didn't use a program to study for my LA MPJE. I just started out condensing the law chapters posted on the board website, hoping to get some more info before I buy a program. Are you also working towards reciprocity in GA?

The law literature is repetitive in so many areas, lol and a little disorganized. I'm a chart and category and comparison learner. It would be really helpful for the state law to just show the amendments to the federal drug law!

Last edited:
Yeah I’m reciprocating from NC to GA. I just got the notification from NABP that they have sent my application over to GBOP but I haven’t received confirmation from them yet. I still have to mail in my checks and documents once I get confirmation from them and then hopefully get my ATT lol! How long did it take BOP to let you know to send in your fees once NABP sent your application over to them? I started studying off the website but it’s super overwhelming. I might get that federal law book on Amazon. Everyone keeps saying that it was super helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I’m reciprocating from NC to GA. I just got the notification from NABP that they have sent my application over to GBOP but I haven’t received confirmation from them yet. I still have to mail in my checks and documents once I get confirmation from them and then hopefully get my ATT lol! How long did it take BOP to let you know to send in your fees once NABP sent your application over to them? I started studying off the website but it’s super overwhelming. I might get that federal law book on Amazon. Everyone keeps saying that it was super helpful.
I sent my money orders and form through FedEx 3 day shipping because the mail is backed up several weeks due to COVID (also tracking let me know it was delivered). I got confirmation and ATT the 2 days after it was received. I am very overwhelmed with the law language as well. It's frustrating because there is a lot of cross over in different sections of Titles and Board rules (referencing back and forth) and repetitive language. I've copied some sections and made comments that for what I need some clarification on, or things that seem to contradict another article.

Have you heard any GA recommendations about MPJE programs (ProtoPass, pharmacyexam.com, passrxnow), which is best? I also noticed the Board rules now say "current through Feb 2, 2021". SO I'm wondering if these programs have updated info and practice questions relevant to these changes!!

I'm working towards reciprocity in Georgia and reading all the law material to prepare for MPJE. Controlled drugs are a major topic on all law exams, and I was fortunate enough to have my pharmacy school law professor provide a "must know schedule" of our state scheduled drugs that differ from Federal scheduling. For example, Soma is a schedule IV federally, but Louisiana treats it as a CIII drug.

Is anyone in GA willing to share some top scheduled drugs or drugs with mg limits within schedules, specific to the state that may differ from federal controlled schedule? Of course in the law documents there are hundreds of drugs, derivatives, etc. listed. I would be more than happy to share all my study outlines for GA MPJE once I pass (hopefully March 19th!)
How did the MJPE go? I’m in the process of reciprocating. Hope it went well!!

Title 16 – Chapter 13: Controlled Substances
Here you will find the drug schedules.

What is the law in GA regarding hypodermic needles OTC? There were some questions on it for GA MPJE and I can't even google or search it anywhere. Not in Chapter 480 either.

I took GA MPJE second time on Sat 5/1. I think scores come out Fridays because I took it on a Sun last time and scores was released that following Friday,. Unfortunately as of Jan 2021, they don't tell you what score you get but just a PASS or FAIL. I didn't read chapter 480 the first time around, just did practice questions on PharmacyExam.com and hoped for the best. This time around, I felt more prepare after reading Chapter 480 and doing a lot of Quizlet questions, especially with compounding USP's and ISO's. I felt a lot more confident this time around, will find out tomorrow!

What is the law in GA regarding hypodermic needles OTC? There were some questions on it for GA MPJE and I can't even google or search it anywhere. Not in Chapter 480 either.

I took GA MPJE second time on Sat 5/1. I think scores come out Fridays because I took it on a Sun last time and scores was released that following Friday,. Unfortunately as of Jan 2021, they don't tell you what score you get but just a PASS or FAIL. I didn't read chapter 480 the first time around, just did practice questions on PharmacyExam.com and hoped for the best. This time around, I felt more prepare after reading Chapter 480 and doing a lot of Quizlet questions, especially with compounding USP's and ISO's. I felt a lot more confident this time around, will find out tomorrow!
Needles are behind the counter.