GA-PCOM Biomedical Sciences 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPTiger311

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently was accepted into their Biomed. Certificate program, so naturally I checked SDN to see if anyone else will be going there too... But there wasn't a thread started! So here it is and now we can try to see what's out there, who'll be there, and what to expect!

*Please post any new information regarding the program. There just isn't enough available on the website and I kind of have no idea what to expect this upcoming year like classes, schedules, housing...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Im in for this fall as well. I actually have a few friends that have completed the program and go on to various DO and MD schools and a few dental schools. Been to the campus twice now, real nice building and facilities. From what I understand classes may be up to 4 times a week in the evenings. The courses are similar to that of first year med school. From what I can gauge the faculty and staff are willing and ready help all students in their desired career path. All in all this is really the only program of this nature in Georgia and really glad I got into this one. Have they send you the binder with all the information yet, if not call them up and they will get that out to you ASAP. Send me message if you got any other questions, hope this eases any worries you may have.

hey guys, I;m also interested in this program, what is the GPA requirment and the MCAT to get into this program, also what % of students get into MD/DO schools after finishing the program, I think this program is relatively new and not very well established (compared with AZCOM's SMP program and BU). There is much information on their website, so any information that is recent helps! (and recent is 3-4 years)

Can anyone tell me more information about the GA-PCOM-Biomedical Sciences Program? I am thinking about the fall of 09 and wanted to know the pros and cons about the program. Also, since it is an evening program, is it possible to be effective in the program and work?

Any information that you could provide, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)