GA-PCOM vs. LECOM-B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JenM0587

Accepted Medical Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I really really need your input!! I have 2 weeks to put my $1500 non-refundable deposit for LECOM-B. This is a super tough decision for me. :scared:

GA-PCOM:
Love the atmosphere/"feel" of the school
Love the Atlanta area
I feel better rotational opportunities??
Boyfriend of 3 years will be at pharm school 20 minutes away... & my best friends will be in the area & probably 1 attending GA-PCOM w/ me
A lot farther away from my family and we are very very close knit :(
Higher $tuition$

LECOM-B:
I'm actually from Bradenton... my dad is a physician there
My family is there (the major factor)
Really liked PBL when I sat in the session
Not too crazy about living in the Bradenton area... lived there a very lonng time
Could save $$ if I lived at home, but probably won't

Let me know what you guys think, I would really appreciate it!! I know no one will have an actual answer for me, but any input would be great. Maybe about the quality of school, residencies and rotational opportunities, etc. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
any input would be great. Maybe about...rotational opportunities, etc. Thanks!!!

I wish I could comment on this important factor, but I can't for these two schools. There's a TON of info about these two schools floating around here, thanks to some current students who are actively helpful. They're also very very busy, so try searching around here and looking through the threads for these two schools. I bet you'll find a lot of insight to help answer these questions.

Based on the rest of your situation, I'd probably go with GA-PCOM, but that's just me. :)

Hey guys,
I really really need your input!! I have 2 weeks to put my $1500 non-refundable deposit for LECOM-B. This is a super tough decision for me. :scared:

GA-PCOM:
Love the atmosphere/"feel" of the school
Love the Atlanta area
I feel better rotational opportunities??
Boyfriend of 3 years will be at pharm school 20 minutes away... & my best friends will be in the area & probably 1 attending GA-PCOM w/ me
A lot farther away from my family and we are very very close knit :(
Higher $tuition$

LECOM-B:
I'm actually from Bradenton... my dad is a physician there
My family is there (the major factor)
Really liked PBL when I sat in the session
Not too crazy about living in the Bradenton area... lived there a very lonng time
Could save $$ if I lived at home, but probably won't

Let me know what you guys think, I would really appreciate it!! I know no one will have an actual answer for me, but any input would be great. Maybe about the quality of school, residencies and rotational opportunities, etc. Thanks!!!

Wow. That does sound like a really tough decision. My only advise would be to maybe focus on the curricula. From my understanding , the learning styles in PBL and lecture-based curricula are very different. Make sure you pick the one that is best for you. I think there are some threads on SDN that compare the two. I'm sure you've already researched this, but maybe do some extra research and let this be the deciding factor.

Good luck and congrats on your acceptances