GA-PCOM waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsazmand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just found out today that i was waitlisted at GAPCOM.
Is anyone else on the waitlist?
Does anyone know how GAPCOM does it's waitlist (number of waitlisters, ranking system, etc....).

I think im gonna give it a couple of weeks b/c ive been accepted to my #2 choice and they need to know by April 18th.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i guess they are starting to send out letters.
if you dont mind me asking...when did you interview and where do you live?

ernieraisin said:
i guess they are starting to send out letters.
if you dont mind me asking...when did you interview and where do you live?

march the 6th, one of my buddies(which he also had an interview) told me that the last 3 sets of interview groups they had were for rejection and waitlisting

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I was waitlisted. I don't know how it works though. I interviewed March 16th, hopefully I will get a spot.

Zerosixjt said:
Just found out I was waitlisted. I don't know how it works though. I interviewed March 16th, hopefully I will get a spot.

Did you get a letter?

did it say whether or not you were on a high priority waitlist?

I too got the waitlist letter from GA-PCOM +pity+ . And I interviewed on the 16th of March as well. Does anyone know if they finished doing interviews or what?

galactus said:
I too got the waitlist letter from GA-PCOM +pity+ . And I interviewed on the 16th of March as well. Does anyone know if they finished doing interviews or what?

Wow, this many waitlists, huh?

DCDAWG said:
Wow, this many waitlists, huh?

I called this morning, and they said the class hasnt been filled and there still are acceptances to be sent. Of course, there is not telling how truthful admissions offices are being over the phone.

okay heres the deal. They r still sending out acceptances (but the decisions have already been made), also GAPCOM overbooks its acceptances like most med schools. Their r 50 ppl on the waitlist. The first major shift will happen in the middle of may. The interviews from the end of feb, march and april were for waitlisting positions... If i had to guess since i interviewed on march 6th im probably in the Top 10 on the waitlist. What do u guys think my chances are?

tsazmand said:
okay heres the deal. They r still sending out acceptances (but the decisions have already been made), also GAPCOM overbooks its acceptances like most med schools. Their r 50 ppl on the waitlist. The first major shift will happen in the middle of may. The interviews from the end of feb, march and april were for waitlisting positions... If i had to guess since i interviewed on march 6th im probably in the Top 10 on the waitlist. What do u guys think my chances are?

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

Aisha told me at my interview that they do NOT send out more acceptances than seats they have in the class..........maybe that changed this application cycle? Good luck to you all that are on the wait list! Hopefully I'll see you all there in the fall :)

Spankete87 said:
Aisha told me at my interview that they do NOT send out more acceptances than seats they have in the class..........maybe that changed this application cycle? Good luck to you all that are on the wait list! Hopefully I'll see you all there in the fall :)

tsaz,

How do you know the last interviews were only for waitlists? Is it just what your friend told you, or have you spoken to the ad office?

Members don't see this ad :)
tsazmand said:
The first major shift will happen in the middle of may. The interviews from the end of feb, march and april were for waitlisting positions... If i had to guess since i interviewed on march 6th im probably in the Top 10 on the waitlist.

Is this what admissions said? If you were in the beginning of interviews you had a better shot? I heard this from LECOM but haven't heard this explaination other than there.

DCDAWG said:
tsaz,

How do you know the last interviews were only for waitlists? Is it just what your friend told you, or have you spoken to the ad office?

sorry i didnt make myself clear. Im not 100% (not told by admissions office) but a friend of mine that is a 1st year told me that he's almost positive thats what happened; mainly b/c they had more applications than expected.

tsazmand said:
sorry i didnt make myself clear. Im not 100% (not told by admissions office) but a friend of mine that is a 1st year told me that he's almost positive thats what happened; mainly b/c they had more applications than expected.

Aisha assured me today on the phone that they still have seats left in the class and that there is not truth to that rumor.
They are probably waitlisting a lot more than accepting at this point, but I still think that they are accepting. We'll see. Good luck everyone.

Just got a call from Aisha today.
They offered me a seat.
WHEW....i finally have a place to go in the fall.

ernieraisin said:
Just got a call from Aisha today.
They offered me a seat.
WHEW....i finally have a place to go in the fall.

Congrats!!! God Bless

Ilovewaiting said:
Has there been any movement on the waitlist recently?

I interviewed March 21, and got waitlisted April 18.

Im a little pissed at them for not telling me that I was only interviewing for a waitlist spot before I traveled down for my interview.

So I too am a waitlister at PCOM-GA, and I've tried to contact them and they aren't calling back. I'm not sure about the movement either. I'm kinda confused how they distribute the open seats. From what I hear is they review the applicants weekly. We're in the middle of May and I'm getting kinda of worried. If you guys hear anything let me know, thanks. ;)

Ilovewaiting said:
Aisha said they didnt expect to finish going through all the May 15 deposits until last Friday. So Id expect waitlist movement to be this week. I agree, itseems weird how they review the waitlist. Aisha was on vacation until last Wed, so that may be why you didnt get a call back.

Thanks---I'm gonna keep checking on it.

Anyone hear anything yet this week??

Ilovewaiting said:
Want to try calling Aisha?

So I called Aisha monday, she told me i was in the middle of the pack- whatever that means. She said that there were only 3 or 4 that didnt accept seats, so I'm sure the highest qualified applicants are gonna get those few spots-- looks like I'm just gonna have to reapply barring a miracle! "Ilovewaiting" good luck with ur waitlist process. If you read those PCOM-GA threads, a few of the students last year got calls after classes already started -- so there is always a shot-- but I'm gonna go ahead and reapply. The earlier the better -- the first time around I didnt get my application out till like October-- so I was kinda at a disadvantage already--keep in touch--

I, too, submitted my app at the deadline and received a late interview (March 30th). I found out a month ago that I was on the middle part of the waitlist. Seems like there are quite a few of us in a similar situation.

Have any of you all received acceptance to any other programs?

Ilovewaiting said:
Yeah I didnt get my AACOMAS out until Jan 31, and my secondary for GA-PCOM Feb 16. So I guess that killed me.
Good luck.

If you don't mind, what were y'all's stats? I just want to get an idea of who at least got waitlisted.

3.6 GPA 31P MCAT, waitlisted March. Just found out that I got a spot in 2010 class :laugh: .

Good luck everyone.

does anyone know what the finalized tuition is for 2006-2007?

t-bone99 said:
So I called Aisha monday, she told me i was in the middle of the pack- whatever that means. She said that there were only 3 or 4 that didnt accept seats, so I'm sure the highest qualified applicants are gonna get those few spots-- looks like I'm just gonna have to reapply barring a miracle! "Ilovewaiting" good luck with ur waitlist process. If you read those PCOM-GA threads, a few of the students last year got calls after classes already started -- so there is always a shot-- but I'm gonna go ahead and reapply. The earlier the better -- the first time around I didnt get my application out till like October-- so I was kinda at a disadvantage already--keep in touch--
GL! It seems like there has been movement

GA Girl said:
does anyone know what the finalized tuition is for 2006-2007?

I believe it is about $34,000 ($11,333 per quarter :eek: ) judging from the PCOM website. I have yet to receive the tuition bill, however.

Zerosixjt said:
3.6 GPA 31P MCAT, waitlisted March. Just found out that I got a spot in 2010 class :laugh: .

Good luck everyone.

Congrats!! I'll see you in the fall.

max831 said:
I believe it is about $34,000 ($11,333 per quarter :eek: ) judging from the PCOM website. I have yet to receive the tuition bill, however.

For 2006-2007 the tuition is $35,000+ (about 3% higher than last year).