gaining acceptance into an endo program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endoman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying for an endo residency starting in 2002. I would appreciate any info. regarding recommendations about any program. I will be applying to several schools due to the competition, and I am interested in knowing which schools are easier or harder to get accepted. Any recommendations regarding the application process or different programs would be appreciated. I am in the top 10 in my class, scored above 90 on the boards, and I am completing a GPR this year. Thanks for any info.

Members don't see this ad.

If your doing a gpr 1st, then that will greatly improve your chances. Alot of endo programs want you to do a gpr 1st simply because you #1 just don't do alot of endo in dental school and can greatly increase the number of canals you've done in a gpr, and #2 you'll see(and treat) alot more "extreme" types of dental infections in a gpr. Keep a record of your endo procedures in dental school and your gpr, and if you can, and your gpr attendings are willing try an apicoectomy or 2 in your gpr.
Based on your dental school ranking and doing a gpr, just a hunch, but I don't think you'll have to worry about those "weaker" endo programs.
:D