1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

gaining acceptance into an endo program

Discussion in 'Dental' started by endoman, May 21, 2001.

1. endoman

endoman Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I will be applying for an endo residency starting in 2002. I would appreciate any info. regarding recommendations about any program. I will be applying to several schools due to the competition, and I am interested in knowing which schools are easier or harder to get accepted. Any recommendations regarding the application process or different programs would be appreciated. I am in the top 10 in my class, scored above 90 on the boards, and I am completing a GPR this year. Thanks for any info.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrJeff

DrJeff Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    If your doing a gpr 1st, then that will greatly improve your chances. Alot of endo programs want you to do a gpr 1st simply because you #1 just don't do alot of endo in dental school and can greatly increase the number of canals you've done in a gpr, and #2 you'll see(and treat) alot more "extreme" types of dental infections in a gpr. Keep a record of your endo procedures in dental school and your gpr, and if you can, and your gpr attendings are willing try an apicoectomy or 2 in your gpr.
    Based on your dental school ranking and doing a gpr, just a hunch, but I don't think you'll have to worry about those "weaker" endo programs.
    :D