ganglion cysts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHE

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dorsal wrist ganglion that I'm going to have taken care of.

I know that these are sometimes referred to as Bible Bumps since a common old time method was to whack them with a Bible and hopefully rupture them.

Now, I know SDN is not the place to ask for medical advice....however if I was going to try that, would you all recommend I try using the New Testament or the Old Testament?

Members don't see this ad.

I am NOT responding to your question specifically, because it is a TOS violation.

However, it would be exceedingly difficult to find an "Old Testament" only (unless it had another name, like the Tanakh of our Jewish friends), and single "New Testament" versions tend to be very small (and with little mass).

I suggest this:

dianetics.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I am NOT responding to your question specifically, because it is a TOS violation.

However, it would be exceedingly difficult to find an "Old Testament" only (unless it had another name, like the Tanakh of our Jewish friends), and single "New Testament" versions tend to be very small (and with little mass).

I bet you're awesome at parties.

I bet you're awesome at parties.

Actually, to be completely candid and honest, I am, because I am interesting. No matter what YOU do, I can talk to you about it, and will sound interested, whether you're an endodontist who does root canals all day, an actuary boring yourself to death, a pathologist who does frozen sections that are negative all day, or you work as a miner (<-- true story - the guy was a coal miner).

On reflection, I don't know what you are getting at - that I know the difference between holy books? How about just use a Sabiston? That should qualify!

Attached is an image (which refers to ortho, but can be extrapolated across all fields of medicine) about the narrowness of many practitioners.

Attachments

• Ortho1.jpg
    Ortho1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 252
I was just making a joke about your apparent failure at grasping the OP's humor. I'm not sure he was ACTUALLY looking for a copy of the OT to use to treat his ganglion cyst.

Thank you for reasurring me that you are, in fact, awesome at parties.

I was just making a joke about your apparent failure at grasping the OP's humor. I'm not sure he was ACTUALLY looking for a copy of the OT to use to treat his ganglion cyst.

Thank you for reasurring me that you are, in fact, awesome at parties.

Ummmm guys.....it was supposed to be a funny posting making light of my little ganglion. It wasn't intended to turn into a flame war between uber competitive med students and residents. :D

Actually, to be completely candid and honest, I am, because I am interesting. No matter what YOU do, I can talk to you about it, and will sound interested, whether you're an endodontist who does root canals all day, an actuary boring yourself to death, a pathologist who does frozen sections that are negative all day, or you work as a miner (<-- true story - the guy was a coal miner).

On reflection, I don't know what you are getting at - that I know the difference between holy books? How about just use a Sabiston? That should qualify!

Attached is an image (which refers to ortho, but can be extrapolated across all fields of medicine) about the narrowness of many practitioners.

But, whats your beer-pong game like...broseph?

Damn, you're like that old dude on those Dos Equis commercials.
Most%20Interesting.jpg