Program-Specific Info / Q's Gannon University Ruskin FL - OTD 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOTD2024

Reaction score
Hello! Has anyone received an interview for Gannon University's OTD program located in Ruskin, Florida? My interview is coming up this Friday (11/20/20) which is why I was wondering if anyone had previously interviewed with them, and if so, do you have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

My interview is this up coming Friday 11/20 as well, mine is from 9:00-9:30am? Do you have any info on how the interview is, or questions?

Mine is 9:45-10:15am, and I do not. I was hoping someone with previous interview experience there may!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you hear from them? I have been verified on OTCAS for over a month
I also heard from them via email on 10/29. I submitted my application mid-August! I am almost positive they are having a second set of interviews in the following months though, so don't worry!

Reactions: 1 users
How did you all feel your interview went? I also had mine on Friday

I was surprised by some of the questions! It wasn't easy but it wasn't to difficult. She really challenged me to think with her questions! Also i was a nervous wreck on the inside ! How do you think yours went? If i had to grade my interview 1-10 maybe a 7 it could be improved!

I thought it was a pretty standard interview. I expected a lot of the questions that I got. The situational question and the fact that it was a professor and a current student in the interview threw me off a little and made me super nervous, but I felt like the conversation and questions flowed pretty well. I personally don’t think I interview well so I’m second guessing everything I said and if I elaborated enough to their liking. But, everything will work out how it’s supposed to.

Hello, I received an acceptance letter this morning! I interviewed on the 20th of November like a lot of you did. Anyone else hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I received an acceptance letter this morning! I interviewed on the 20th of November like a lot of you did. Anyone else hear back?
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was also admitted yesterday. Congratulations everyone! I was looking at the course calendar, it seems like the summer online courses start June 1st, then the in person classes start for the fall in August. Has anyone else heard anything otherwise regarding online classes/start dates?

Update: Just received my acceptance letter from USAHS Coral Gables campus for the OTD program Spring 2021 !!

Is everyone planning on accepting their seat at Gannon?

Is everyone planning on accepting their seat at Gannon?
I accepted my seat, but they were the first program I heard back from so I still want to hear from other schools also. Would love to get to know others who were accepted to Gannon's program in the meantime though :)

I accepted my seat, but they were the first program I heard back from so I still want to hear from other schools also. Would love to get to know others who were accepted to Gannon's program in the meantime though :)
I reserved my seat as well! I am very happy I was accepted but I am waiting to hear back from a lot of schools. Gannon is very expensive compared to most! But I'd be happy to go if no other school accepted me.

Hi I interviewed on January 12th and received an acceptance today! I have been accepted to three schools so far and out of the three Gannon has been my favorite. I would love to connect and get to know those who are considering Gannon:)

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances!! I've put a deposit down at two schools, including Gannon, and it also seems to be my favorite. Would love to get to know you :)

I released a seat at Gannon today because I feel as if other I have been accepted to or interviewed at will fit my personal needs better at this time. Gannon seemed like a great program with really great staff. I hope someone will get the seat I let go of today! Best of luck to you all! We did it!!

I accepted my seat at Gannon and would love to connect with anyone attending! So excited

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any tips for the interview? I have one coming up :)
be yourself and really know why you want to be a student at gannon. have a strong understanding of OT and be honest if you have had adversities and how they have made you a stronger candidate. have questions ready for them and be engaging. i think gannon was one of the interviews i felt most confident and comfortable in, and if it wasn’t for the cost of tuition it would’ve been a top contender for me!

Accepted my seat at Gannon ! Would love to connect !

I interviewed and was accepted back in January. Would love to connect with anyone who was also accepted!