Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gap year panic
Hi everyone, I’m kind of freaking out?? Lol. I got my bachelors in December and have been working as a sub at a school for like the last 5 months. With my degree, I’ve been trying very hard and searching like CRAZYYY for an actual gap year job- I got so close once, interviewed for a CRC position then ofc… they handed it to a candidate with like 5 years experience … lol. I’ve been an opto tech, pharm tech, med assistant, shadowed, have clinical research and chemistry education research experience, tutored, taught. Strong gpa. MCAT is in September - not worried about it I’m good in that department. But my panic is, I’ve been scrambling hard to find a job cause once that MCAT is done… what the hell else am I gonna do? I really want clinical research again, and recently had an interview for an out of state position so waiting on that… but if I don’t get that then idk what to do. I’d prefer a job that requires a bachelors but it seems like that’s impossible to achieve rn. I emailed over like 200 people through my university and it’s hospital to find clinical research assisting and they’re either not paying or have no opening. I’d hate to go back to a retail position during this time off cause then I’m just gonna feel bummy and unproductive my goal is CR- but it’s been harder than ever to get it. Any advice ?? Words of wisdom !!??
Hi everyone, I’m kind of freaking out?? Lol. I got my bachelors in December and have been working as a sub at a school for like the last 5 months. With my degree, I’ve been trying very hard and searching like CRAZYYY for an actual gap year job- I got so close once, interviewed for a CRC position then ofc… they handed it to a candidate with like 5 years experience … lol. I’ve been an opto tech, pharm tech, med assistant, shadowed, have clinical research and chemistry education research experience, tutored, taught. Strong gpa. MCAT is in September - not worried about it I’m good in that department. But my panic is, I’ve been scrambling hard to find a job cause once that MCAT is done… what the hell else am I gonna do? I really want clinical research again, and recently had an interview for an out of state position so waiting on that… but if I don’t get that then idk what to do. I’d prefer a job that requires a bachelors but it seems like that’s impossible to achieve rn. I emailed over like 200 people through my university and it’s hospital to find clinical research assisting and they’re either not paying or have no opening. I’d hate to go back to a retail position during this time off cause then I’m just gonna feel bummy and unproductive my goal is CR- but it’s been harder than ever to get it. Any advice ?? Words of wisdom !!??