Gap Year Research

Started by Prolix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prolix

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on taking a gap year before applying for MD/Ph.D programs, as my research experience is limited to a class project and an 8 week summer research opportunity that I just competed as a rising senior. In this time, I am planning on pursuing research, as I want more research experience and to be a more competitive applicant. However, I am looking at the PREP programs and I am not competitive for many of them as I do not fit the requirements, as I would not considered myself a minority. For the ones that I have found so far, I might have a hard time being available at the start time as I will be finishing an overseas off campus semester in July 15th and the programs I have found start on either June 1st or July 1st. Thus, my question is would it be better for me to apply for a research job, than to spend much time on applying for PREP programs?