Gap year secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating in December so I really don't have a full 1 school year gap between graduation and matriculation to med school.

I was filling out SLU's secondary and the question asks, "Were you a full time student for the 2007-2008 school year?" (yes it was past tense like that, weird..)

I didn't know what to put. I just said no and now they gave me a 10,000 character space to write about my activities for my gap year. Should I just put that I will be a full time student and not answer it or should I tell them what I will plan on doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Either way. I'd lean toward explaining your December graduation date and discussing what you plan on doing after that.

That's what I was thinking. But why did they give me 10,000 character limit. I know I don't have to write 10,000 characters, but it makes me think that I need to write at least 4,000 characters to make it sufficient. I'll probably only have 1,000 characters because this isn't some kind of in depth essay question or anything.