Gap year timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Petor16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am intrigued by applying for a scholarship (Fullbright, Churchill etc.) and I was wondering if I would be able to have interviews while doing the fellowship or would I be forced to take another gap year for interviews (assuming non-covid conditions)

Members don't see this ad.

I am intrigued by applying for a scholarship (Fullbright, Churchill etc.) and I was wondering if I would be able to have interviews while doing the fellowship or would I be forced to take another gap year for interviews (assuming non-covid conditions)
Doesn't this totally depend on where you are, where you receive interviews, and your ability to travel? Why not apply for the scholarship at the same time you apply to med school, and request a deferral if you receive a scholarship. Deferrals are not common, but receiving a prestigious, competitive scholarship is a common reason to be granted one. It's not like you are going to need the scholarship to push your application over the top. If you are good enough to win a scholarship, the same qualities that make you competitive for that will also make you a competitive med school applicant.