Gap year travel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deanmonster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know when is the best time to travel during your gap year? I was thinking of going after interviews, but now I'm wondering if I should go after I complete the secondaries instead.

I'm planning to do a Spanish immersion course and be gone at least 2 months, but this might be good to have to talk about in interviews.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The best time to travel during your lag year is between 9pm - 1am to your local "hole in the wall" bar. I highly doubt that this Spanish immersion course will make or break your interview. Have some fun and be merry! :thumbup:

Jays2cool4u :cool:

Deanmonster said:
Hi guys, does anyone know when is the best time to travel during your gap year? I was thinking of going after interviews, but now I'm wondering if I should go after I complete the secondaries instead.

I'm planning to do a Spanish immersion course and be gone at least 2 months, but this might be good to have to talk about in interviews.

Thanks!

Hey Deanmonster,

I’m doing the same thing you are. I’m going to Latin America to take a Spanish course. I’m Hispanic, but I don’t speak Spanish and I think it’s important for the career we are going into to know spanish. When you’re down there be careful and don’t stray off by yourself. Are you a single male? Because if you are and you aren’t careful, you’ll be returning with a ring on your finger. The ladies will chase you like you never new possible and some of them are so attractive you won’t be able to think straight. The reason why is number one you are an American Guy, and second you are a student doctor. Have fun and be safe!

Alien

interviews are reeaally unpredictable and u take the chance of missing one or being told u can't reschedule. besides, interviewers are going to ask questions based on your application, not your recent travels. i'd put off this trip until the spring if u can.