Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldoctor9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying to schools come June 1st, but I've already graduated. I was wondering if there were any jobs that look good on a resume? I'm also considering applying to a basic medical sciences masters program at Midwestern, but if that falls through, are there any jobs people would recommend? I'm looking predominantly in the Chicago region.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm applying to schools come June 1st, but I've already graduated. I was wondering if there were any jobs that look good on a resume? I'm also considering applying to a basic medical sciences masters program at Midwestern, but if that falls through, are there any jobs people would recommend? I'm looking predominantly in the Chicago region.

Two pieces of advice....
#1. Do something you love. Nothing you could do will reflect more positively on you than picking something you are interested in or have a passion for. Never do something solely for the resume. Your resume will shine most when you stay true to yourself

#2. Pick the cheapest option or the one that makes money. When you matriculate every penny saved saves you a lot down the road (with interest where it currently is). If you are aiming for CCOM, this is definitely true given tuition being well on its way towards $60k/year