Gap Year

Started by pre-ortho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pre-ortho

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I'm currently a 4th year undergrad. I plan on taking a gap year and applying next cycle. To current dental students who took a gap year/gap years, what did you do?
 
Did a couple research years at the NIH in their post-bac IRTA program. Highly recommend if you are looking for a break from school, making a little cash, meeting new people, and exploring a new city.
 
Hi!
I'm currently a 4th year undergrad. I plan on taking a gap year and applying next cycle. To current dental students who took a gap year/gap years, what did you do?
Are you forced to apply next year or are you taking a gap year by choice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you forced to apply next year or are you taking a gap year by choice?
I wasn't prepared to apply this cycle due to a lack of in-person shadowing experience. I also took my DAT a little late for this application cycle and hadn't contacted any LOR writers/didn't have a dentist or enough interactions with professors to get good ones.