GC destroyer vs Kaplan workshop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

far123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Destroyer Q# 31 GC:
a gas is comressed from 40 liters to 16 liters at aconstant pressure if 10 KJ of energy is released as heat, find the work done for this process.
the answer is +96, but I am pretty sure that Kaplan says if work has done on the system work is negative, since gas has lost internal energy.
any one knows the correct answer plz?

Members don't see this ad.

Destroyer Q# 31 GC:
a gas is comressed from 40 liters to 16 liters at aconstant pressure if 10 KJ of energy is released as heat, find the work done for this process.
the answer is +96, but I am pretty sure that Kaplan says if work has done on the system work is negative, since gas has lost internal energy.
any one knows the correct answer plz?

the gas is compressed so the volume final volume went down, thus it will have a negative number. a negative pressure multiplied by a negative volume will give you a positive answer.

the gas is compressed so the volume final volume went down, thus it will have a negative number. a negative pressure multiplied by a negative volume will give you a positive answer.
thanks , but I don't think the pressure is negative, it is constant....
Is it right to say, work done on the system is + work done by the system is - in this q?