GC Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRHOYA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just started Destroyer today. I'm wondering about the General Chemistry section (it is one of my weakest....and QR). Anyway, for those that have used Destroyer, I was going through the GC problems, and there seems to be alot of 4-5 step calculations. Are these questions on destroyer similar to the real DAT, beacuse I find myself taking a long time to go through these calculations (without a calculator), and on the real DAT it doesn't seem like you can take that long?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was very weak with the GC section as well. I would get 15 and 16 on the practice kaplan, achiever, and topscore. Then I bought destroyer and went through the problem slowly looking at the answer choices and putting things together piece by piece. Once I was done with the GC section, I went back and tried it myself, and I began to understand it. I ended up with a 21 on the real thing for the GC.

So yah preety much, destroyer really helped me in the GC section, as well as the other sections too.

On the DAT you have to be quick. The questions on the DAT might be longer or shorter and some are also similar to destroyer... who knows, but what you should be prepared to take on that challenge. Stick with the destroyer and you'll be happy.

Thanks. Yeah this was my first day with it. But you are right, after attempting most of the questions, and reading through the answer explanations, you start to see how things come together and set up problems.

The problems may sometimes be longer than what you'll see on the dat but they show you from beginning to end of process so if dat asks any part of it you can be familiar with how to do them