GCE A level coursetype for TMDSAS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanide12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

So my TMDSAS application is turning out to be really confusing. Can anyone else who is in the same situation as me please help me out !??!?!

I have done my GCE Advanced Levels from Cambridge International examinations. These exams are equivalent to American AP exams. I have received 27 equivalent course credits for my A-levels (basically gen chem + labs, introductory biology, physics with labs...so most premed requirements).

So, the problem im facing is that in the "coursework" section of the TMDSAS application, there is no "A-level" coursetype. There are american AP courses and IB. But, no option for A levels. So, how do I categorize these 27 credits that I have received from Rice that appears on my transcript for my A level coursework?

If you are in a similar situation, please share your experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

So my TMDSAS application is turning out to be really confusing. Can anyone else who is in the same situation as me please help me out !??!?!

I have done my GCE Advanced Levels from Cambridge International examinations. These exams are equivalent to American AP exams. I have received 27 equivalent course credits for my A-levels (basically gen chem + labs, introductory biology, physics with labs...so most premed requirements).

So, the problem im facing is that in the "coursework" section of the TMDSAS application, there is no "A-level" coursetype. There are american AP courses and IB. But, no option for A levels. So, how do I categorize these 27 credits that I have received from Rice that appears on my transcript for my A level coursework?

If you are in a similar situation, please share your experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am far from applying and I don't know what the TMDSAS application looks like, but I do have Cambridge "A" Levels as well in Physics, Math and Chemistry. I would think you would list whatever course you would have taken had you not had the "A" levels. If a grade is required, I don't know what you would list because though the subject matter may be the same, the grading may be different.

I also got credits for the "A" levels, and in talking to the Dean of Admissions at one of the schools I am interested in, she said as long the courses show up on my transcript I am ok. But I will probably do a degree verification just to be sure in case other schools don't see it the same way.You may not have the time to do verification though.

I think it would be worth calling the schools you are applying to see how they view transfer credits.