1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GCE A level coursetype for TMDSAS???

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by cyanide12345678, Jul 27, 2011.

1. cyanide12345678

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi

So my TMDSAS application is turning out to be really confusing. Can anyone else who is in the same situation as me please help me out !??!?!

I have done my GCE Advanced Levels from Cambridge International examinations. These exams are equivalent to American AP exams. I have received 27 equivalent course credits for my A-levels (basically gen chem + labs, introductory biology, physics with labs...so most premed requirements).

So, the problem im facing is that in the "coursework" section of the TMDSAS application, there is no "A-level" coursetype. There are american AP courses and IB. But, no option for A levels. So, how do I categorize these 27 credits that I have received from Rice that appears on my transcript for my A level coursework?

If you are in a similar situation, please share your experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FlyLite

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am far from applying and I don't know what the TMDSAS application looks like, but I do have Cambridge "A" Levels as well in Physics, Math and Chemistry. I would think you would list whatever course you would have taken had you not had the "A" levels. If a grade is required, I don't know what you would list because though the subject matter may be the same, the grading may be different.

I also got credits for the "A" levels, and in talking to the Dean of Admissions at one of the schools I am interested in, she said as long the courses show up on my transcript I am ok. But I will probably do a degree verification just to be sure in case other schools don't see it the same way.You may not have the time to do verification though.

I think it would be worth calling the schools you are applying to see how they view transfer credits.