Gee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ollie123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used GEE before? I'm trying to track down a practical guidebook on it. Found plenty of articles that give me the math/theory of it but no "Discovering Statistics using SPSS" or other such book that would give me anywhere near the step-by-step breakdown of how to actually run an analysis in SAS or SPSS.

If worst comes to worst I should be able to get by using HLM, but given our design I think GEE is technically "better" (though I couldn't tell you how...).

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. Working on my diss and feel off of my stats game on internship! Anybody have book recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

Wow. This thread takes me back. PM me if you have questions about it. I've published ~5-6 papers using GEE since I made this thread. Books will be relatively useless for GEE unless you're big on the underlying math - it "grew up" in the biostats world so there aren't many accessible texts.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. This thread takes me back. PM me if you have questions about it. I've published ~5-6 papers using GEE since I made this thread. Books will be relatively useless for GEE unless you're big on the underlying math - it "grew up" in the biostats world so there aren't many accessible texts.
Thanks, Ollie! I might shoot you a message this weekend when I get some time to look at my database.