Geisinger vs NEOMED...help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamonroll121

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I would like to see thoughts on Geisinger vs NEOMED. Here are my main points:

Geisinger:
-in state
-4.5 hours from home
-very expensive: ~$67,000 a year
-community-based
-traditional learning

NEOMED
-OOS
-one hour from home (right over the border)
-very, very expensive: $83,000 a year (could possibly get in state tuition after first year: ~$44,000 a year)
-flipped-classroom learning

The closer the better to home. I believe that they both have similar match rates, near 100%. Is one more established than the other? Does one offer better opportunities? If anyone could put their input, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Members don't see this ad.

How guaranteed is that in-state tuition after year 1?
it's guaranteed. Ohio lets you get in-state tuition after 1 year. This is a tough call, though. If the closer to home, the better, I'd go with NEOMed

Reactions: 1 users
it's guaranteed. Ohio lets you get in-state tuition after 1 year. This is a tough call, though. If the closer to home, the better, I'd go with NEOMed
Thanks for that info! I agree, I'd recommend NEOMED. OP would come out with ~50k less debt and it seems like being close to home is pretty important.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you certain about that. The financial Aid lady made it sounds a bit cumbersome
Yes. I got into a public Ohio school last year as an OOS student and the process has a few cumbersome details (like you have to sign a lease a year before M2 starts to make sure you get IS tuition starting M2 year and you have to change your license plates, etc., but every student I spoke to said it was a tiny bit annoying but extremely feasible)

Yes. I got into a public Ohio school last year as an OOS student and the process has a few cumbersome details (like you have to sign a lease a year before M2 starts to make sure you get IS tuition starting M2 year and you have to change your license plates, etc., but every student I spoke to said it was a tiny bit annoying but extremely feasible)
Good to hear cause i was really happy about my acceptance till i saw the tuition and i went back to being anxious lol

I cant speak on Geisinger’s location but NEOMED is in a very depressing part of Ohio. Friends who went there did not like the experience and wish they went elsewhere :/

Reactions: 3 users
I cant speak on Geisinger’s location but NEOMED is in a very depressing part of Ohio. Friends who went there did not like the experience and wish they went elsewhere :/
I know it’s in the middle of nowhere. But I love only an hour away. I also know it’s 15 minutes outside of kent. Were there any other reasons they didn’t like it?