gelatin capsules

Started by santosj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

santosj

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this question may seem very strange, but I am wondering if anyone knows if the capsules used for medicine (made of gelatin) come from pork. Thanks, and sorry for the strange question! 😳
 
I think most gelatin comes from horses. I've been a vegetarian for almost 10 years, and that's what I've always read and heard from others.
 
santosj said:
I know this question may seem very strange, but I am wondering if anyone knows if the capsules used for medicine (made of gelatin) come from pork. Thanks, and sorry for the strange question! 😳

Gelatin is a processed version of collagen.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/question557.htm

So I guess the gelatin capsules may be made of either horse or pig.