Gen Chem preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.9999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gen Chem being my worst subject, It seems like I'm really struggling with Destroyer questions :( but I'm doing okay on Chads quizzes. For those of you who recently took the DAT, what advice can you give me about the gen chem section? Am I ok with just doing Chads quizes and Kaplan exams? B/c I can't get through the destroyer problems and its really discouraging me :( I have also heard that the real gen chem on the DAT is not as hard as the Destroyer but more similar to TopScore and Chads quizzes :/

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Destroyer is definitely much harder than the real thing, but it's still an amazing practice resource. Go over questions you miss on Destroyer to make sure you understand WHY you missed them and keep using TopScore and Chad. If you have time, do all the destroyer problems again and you'll definitely see an improvement.

More importantly make sure you go over thoroughly the questions that you answered wrong. This should really boost your performance.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Though this may not apply to you, what really held me back the first time I went through Destroyer was my mindset. I kept missing every other problem and I got so frustrated that I really wasn't learning anything.

However, I decided to go back through it for a second time and just decided I wouldn't care how many I got right. I was so much less stressed the second time going through that I was able to think more clearly on each problem and, lo and behold, I actually ended up getting a whole lot of them right! I retained SO MUCH MORE my second time though.

But... Here's the kicker. It was COMPLETE OVERKILL. I am 100% convinced that Chad covered everything I needed to know for the GC section. I made a 30. (And I never mastered every single thing in the GC Destroyer.)

I hope this makes you at least feel better! Good luck! :)