Gen peds starting salary nego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amherejusttoobserve

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
is 180k for a 9 to 5 weekdays only, no call a decent offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For any American out there, yes it is a decent offer.
For people in sdn, anything less that 400k 4days no call is chump change

if you like the location, hours and pay are decent

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends really on the practice setting and location. Is it at a academic medical center, private practice, or something like a federal qualifying health center? Is there an option after a year or two to go to production based salary? Without that info, I think it’s probably a very normal offer. Maybe a little low for a rural job offer but on par with regular offer at a desirable city that isn’t too high COL like San Francisco. Congrats! The no call part is so amazing. I would take a slightly lower salary for that benefit.

I think the location really matters. My coresidents are getting 200-210k for those hours with switch to production after 1-2 years with a base salary. Those that are doing nursing rounding w/o transitions or deliveries are seeing 215-225k with switch to production in 1 year. But this is in Midwest in a small city. I think both are wanting to see 24 patients per day

If it’s 4 days a week it’s middle of the road. If it’s 5 days and non-academic you’re getting taken to the woodshed