gen surg programs with plastics fellowship reviews

Started by babern
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

babern

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am dual applying for plastics/gen surg. I have applied to all plastics programs and limited my gen surg apps to programs that offer plastics fellowships. I was hoping we could start a list of gen surg residencies with plastics fellowships and review/discuss which gen surg programs are so malignant/undesireable that they should best be avoided. For instance, it is my understanding that the gen surg at Emory is pretty malignant making the 3-5 years before applying for plastics that its almost not worth it. I'd appreciate other people's input about these types of programs.
 
Starting in 2008, you cannot apply and jump to PLS after 3 yrs. Have to finish 5 yrs of G Surg (or equivalent: ENT, NSG, ORTHO, URO). Also apps in PLS fellowship is started in the 4th yr of G Surg, which means, you have to have all your duck in line by then.