"General Biology" pre-req requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aspirations101

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! So on a bunch of Optometry schools' websites it says two semesters of "general biology" are required. This is kind of vague, so I am not sure what biology courses would fall into that category. I have taken cell biology and genetics at this point, which are considered pretty general biology courses at my college. Are these considered general biology courses in terms of the pre-requisites required for Optometry schools? Thanks!
 
I'm pretty sure it's going to be your standard 1 year general biology class. You could ask to see of those classes could be used instead.
 
Check with admissions - I'm sure you can email most of them. I know that some require the standard 1-year as evorage said, and others (fewer?) require any type of biology course, or zoology.