Jul 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I am really struggling with the G. chem section. I have the online kaplan resources and I keep getting low scores in G. chem subject tests. It's mainly the calculations that I am having trouble with. Any advice on what I could do to improve my score?

Jul 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I am really struggling with the G. chem section. I have the online kaplan resources and I keep getting low scores in G. chem subject tests. It's mainly the calculations that I am having trouble with. Any advice on what I could do to improve my score?
A textbook? destroyer, any mcat chemistry books (princeton review, examkrackers), chads online videos

Philippines03j

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2009
Status
Dental Student
+1

I do practice problems from destroyer and kaplan subject tests during the day and I watch CHads videos at night. I seem to retain alot of what chad talks about. Try them out!

noles

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2008
Status
Dental Student
highest Gchem score i got on kaplan tests was an 18 but ended up with a 23 on the real thing

Jul 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I agree with some of the other posts, the Gchem problems in the destroyer have built up my confidence in this section. Use this with one of your chemisty textbooks for reference and it should help your troubles.

OP
F
Jul 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok for Chads, do you guys think its helpful for problem solving? I am pretty good at concepts and just calculations that I am struggling with. Do you think it would help to watch his videos either way?