Sep 14, 2010
103
0
Status
Pre-Dental
i feel like i'm going to struggle a lot with this part. i have the dat destroyer and the kaplan blue book. any suggestions to what books i should buy that would help me do well in gen chem? thanks
 

sbdento

7+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2010
369
50
A lot of people have recommended Chad's videos for the Gen Chem. I tried them out since I was feeling fuzzy on the gchem section too and now I feel like gchem is one of my strengths. They have really helped me a lot!
 

azar87

MD 2 Be
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
302
0
New York
Status
Medical Student
Gen chem was my worst subject as well i used kaplan and chads videos to understand the concepts then did kaplan subject tests and destroyer those are the best resources and then u get an idea of knowing just how many different problems there are and you should be fine best of luck to everyone!:thumbup:
 

sneil

5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2009
112
0
Martinsburg, WV
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student, Dentist
I feel like the best thing you can do - if you don't understand a certain concept - is look at your college Gen Chem books - it has everything you need.

That's what I did and got a 21 in Gen Chem, so to each their own - I also used Kaplan!
 

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2008
506
1
Jackson, MS
Status
Pre-Dental
I made a 24 in GC, but I tutored it at a CC for 4 years. I took the DAT twice, one time I made a 16 (LOL) and the second I made my 24. That tells you how random the test is, because I didn't study any more for the second one.

What I suggest: Make yourself an outline of all the GC subject matter. Go through and study the stuff you DO NOT know the most (80% of the time). Use the other 20% to review the stuff you have pretty good control of.

Good luck!