General Education and Elective Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I will be starting to complete my prerequisites for pharmacy school at a local community college. I was browsing through the pharmcas website and looked at the course prerequisites for the school I am intending to apply. On there it says that I need to complete 15 credits of general education courses. My question is that does that mean I can take any general education courses offered at my community college here in new jersey?. I am planning on transferring to rutgers and I checked this website called NJ transfer where they have the prerequisites of their pharmacy schools for students who are transferring from brookdale community college(cc i am going to). There, they only listed some (like10-15) general education courses that satisfy the requirements. That means I must take the ones listed on there right? But what if I want to transfer to a different school such as Arnold marie schwartz(long island, NY) or St. John fisher college(NY). On the pharmcas it only said to complete 15-30 credits of humanities and social sciences. So how do I know which general education course will satisfy their requirements?

thank you.