General Genetics Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an email from an old professor saying they opened a few seats for an online general genetics course. I checked and it would show up as a regular course, not online. I know all the crap about how some schools dont like online classes, blah blah blah. But I know it will work for my biology degree. Would this course be ok to take online? Opinions please.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished a Genetics and Molecular Biology course. It's definitely the toughest biology course I've encountered so far. I actually found it more difficult than organic, but the course was team taught and neither professor was very effective. If you're good at learning from a book, then I'd say go for it. However, be advised that the course contains pretty difficult material. Best of luck!

I would agree Genetics was one of the harder classes I took and I wouldn't have wanted to do it online. Though it was one of my fave classes too!

I think there are very few pharm schools that want Genetics as a pre-req, so you should be fine. If you know what schools you are thinking about applying to, check if it is a pre-req and if they require you to take it in a classroom.

Thanks. I think I'll stop by my old professors office next week. He seemed to think it was something I would be able to do well. It's not one of the courses required for the schools I applied, I just wanted to take it towards my biology degree assuming I am not accepted fall 2009. I know he said it would show up as a normal class, not show up as an online course. Guess I'll speak with him and see if I can take a look at some of the coursework. Thanks!