General Info For Combined Dental Programs

Started by Nahmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nahmed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a high school senior and I'm really set on becoming a dentist. Specifically, I'm interested in a 7-year combined dental degree program with early assurance into a dental school. However, I still have a lot of researching left to do and I'd like some personal input from students who are in these direct programs. First off, is it do-able? As in, are the courses really difficult to keep up with once you're in the program? Second, is it worth going into a program like this? What's the advantage of it, other than being finished a year early? And lastly, can you name some schools that have programs like this? (in the northeast like NY, NJ, PA). If you respond and are in a program like this, please tell me which one you're in with as much personal input as possible. Thank you! 🙂
 
Marquette has a program like this. Pre-Dental Scholars it is called. I know you have to maintain a 3.5 GPA and get an 18 I think on the DAT. Not personally in it but know some people that are.

EDIT: Also just realized that you are looking for a school in the Northeast.